Saint-Petersburg.com

Zotov Bastion

At the north-eastern corner of the Peter and Paul Fortress, the Zotov Bastion was named after Count Nikita Zotov, a tutor and close friend of Peter the Great who was practically the head of the Tsar's administration from 1701. The stone defences were constructed 1707-1709 and 1727-1729 by Domenico Trezzini. The interiors of the bastion were used for storage, and for the offices of the feared Secret Chancellery.

USEFUL ADS