Saint-Petersburg.com

Ioannovskiy Ravelin

Named in honour of Tsar Ivan V, the Ioannovskiy Ravelin is the main visitor entrance to the Peter and Paul Fortress, housing ticket offices, a tourist information centre, and several exhibition halls including the Museum of Cosmonautics and Rocket Technology. Built 1731-1740 and faced with granite tiles in1778, the Ioannovskiy Ravelin has twice been reconstructed, and previously housed a guardhouse and barracks, as well as the Gas Dynamics Laboratory for a brief period in the late 1920s and early 1930s.

Ioannovskiy Ravelin at the Peter and Paul Fortress in St Petersburg, Russia
USEFUL ADS