Saint-Petersburg.com

Capital Funds Building

A relatively small and rather plain structure between the Ss. Peter and Paul Cathedral and the Golovkin Bastion, the Capital Funds Building was erected 1843-1844 to designs by architect A.M. Kutsi. It was built to house hold securely the monetary funds that supported Imperial bills of credit. In 1882 it was transferred to the Ministry of Imperial Estates as a store for valuables from the Winter Palace. It is now part of the Mint, and is closed to the public.

Capital Funds Building at the Peter and Paul Fortress in St Petersburg, Russia
USEFUL ADS