Crossing the Griboedov Canal at its confluence with the Kryukov Canal, the Pikalov Bridge forms an ensemble with the Staro-Nikolsky and Krasnogvardeysky Bridges, and provides beautiful views onto the Cathedral of St. Nicholas, and onto seven other bridges. The three-span bridge dates back to 1785, when the granite-faced abutments supported wooden spans. The wooden spans were replaced with metal in 1906 and four granite obelisks topped with gold spheres. Later, oval lamps were added to the obelisks. The bridge was restored in 1993.