Saint-Petersburg.com

Novo-Konyushenny Bridge

  • Novo-Konyushenny Bridge over the Griboedov Canal in Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    Novo-Konyushenny Bridge over the Griboedov Canal
  • Wrought-iron railings of Novo-Konyushenny Bridge over the Griboedov Canal in St. Petersburg, Russia
    Wrought-iron railings of Novo-Konyushenny Bridge

Crossing the Griboedov Canal near the Church on the Spilled Blood, the Novo-Konyushenny Bridge acts as an extension of Konyushennaya Ploshchad. The original wooden bridge was built here in the 1880s to assist the construction of the church. The bridge was fully reconstructed in 1907, and named after the church. The current reinforced concrete bridge was laid here between 1965 and 1967. From 1975, the bridge was named in honor of Alexander II's assassin, Ignatiy Grinevitskiy, and the current name was only officially adopted in 1998.

USEFUL ADS