Saint-Petersburg.com

Malo-Kalinkin Bridge

Malo-Kalinkin Bridge over the Griboedov Canal in St Petersburg, Russia
Malo-Kalinkin Bridge over the Griboedov Canal

The last bridge across the Griboedov Canal, which converges beyond it with the Fontanka River, the Malo-Kalinkin Bridge takes its name from the Finnish village - Kallina - which stood near here from the early 17th century. A wooden three-span bridge with a pivoting central span on granite-faced piers was built at this site in 1783, and the wooden spans were replaced with riveted metal in 1907-08. In 1952 and 1970, the street lamps and granite obelisks on the bridge's abutments were restored.

USEFUL ADS