Joining Liteiny Prospekt with the Vyborg Side, Liteiny Bridge is a 396-meter, six-arch bascule bridge, crossing the Neva River at its deepest point. Built between 1874 and 1879 to a design by military engineers Struve and Veis, the bridge was officially named after Alexander II, but quickly became known as Liteiny. The arch nearest to the left bank rises 67° to allow ships to pass. In 1967, the bridge was reconstructed to accommodate taller ships and six lanes of traffic. It also lost its elegant cast-iron cladding, making it one of the plainer bridges in the city.
Timetable of bridge openings: here