Saint-Petersburg.com

Leshtukov Bridge

Leshtukov Bridge over the Fontanka River in St Petersburg, Russia
Leshtukov Bridge over the Fontanka River

Leshtukov Bridge leads directly across the Fontanka River to the main entrance of the Bolshoi Drama Theater, formerly the Maly Imperial Theater. When the theater was opened in 1878, a ferry crossing was established. In 1907, during the reconstruction of the nearby Chernyshev Bridge, a temporary wooden bridge was constructed here, and this remained in place until 1952, when it was replaced by a metal single-span bridge resting on stone abutments. In 1997, further reconstruction was completed to carry road traffic as well as pedestrians.

USEFUL ADS