Saint-Petersburg.com

Green Bridge

  • Green Bridge over the Moyka River in St Petersburg, Russia
    Green Bridge over the Moyka River
  • Wrought-iron fence of the Green Bridge over the Moyka River in Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    Wrought-iron fence of the Green Bridge over the Moyka River

Carrying Nevsky Prospekt across the Moika River, the Green Bridge has been renamed several times since the first bridge was built here in 1716, including Politseisky (Police) and, from 1918 to 1998, Narodny (People's). The bridge has been reconstructed almost as many times, and the current structure, a single cast-iron arched span, dates from 1806, but has been significantly altered since, including the addition of sidewalks on brackets in 1847, an extension in 1904, and the addition of ornate lampposts in 1908. The bridge was fully restored in 1967.

USEFUL ADS